1. I hate wiki’s inside of learning management systems (like moodle or blackboard). I think the value of wiki’s is from their long-term collaborative use - so why erase it every term? I also like sharing information with folks outside an organization.
2. I love wiki’s when they are used for creation of a student textbook. Students write articles as graded assignments. Soon the class has created a full textbook!
3. Wiki’s are great for clubs and extra-curricular activities - easy to update by large groups of people.
4. I find students are excellent sysops.
5. Wiki’s are built from the ground up for multi user editing - recent changes, user groups, categories, etc…
6. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I like the way wiki’s force users to evaluate the information they are seeing. Very important.
Published on Monday, August 10, 2009 (9 years, 8 months, and one week ago). Posted in: Educational Tech Design